End-User Support Specialist (Desktop Support Engineer) Dec 2018 – At present
Datacom, New Zealand.
- Working closely with customers to troubleshoot and resolve reported issues, requests, and problems.
- Creating excellent working relationships with customers and internal team.
- Demonstrating a high level of customer service.
- Remotely installing, configuring and supporting Windows based laptops and desktops.
- Supporting Microsoft Office suite and other software.
- Account (AD), Exchange Mailbox and Antivirus administration
Junior Desktop Support Engineer Feb 2018 – Apr 2018
Techbox, New Zealand.
Tech Support, Network & Server Administration
- Enable the IT needs of clients to be met with a high standard of professionalism.
- To provide 1st line technical support to internal and external customers.
- To provide onsite, technical support for industry-standard hardware and software,
monitoring and consulting
- To refer and liaise, if necessary, with other internal or external technicians to
complete jobs and projects.
- Follow and update procedures, documentation, and systems
- To complete regular checks of the internal and customer serving systems and
- To ensure and guarantee the up-time and performance of the companies servers and
networks on an ongoing basis
- To troubleshoot any issues rapidly and restore operation swiftly in the event of problems
ICT Sales Assistant (Direct Sales) Jun 2017 – Dec 2017
Spark, New Zealand.
- Face of spark residential and new customers, visiting their homes and providing end to end sales and technical support
- Demonstrating a plan or service, or hardware to customers
- Making appointments, following up and providing support for customers who require more time to make a decision or need some technical advice
- Administrator works at the end of the day for sales reports
IT Internship Mar 2017 – May 2017
Sealord Group Ltd, Nelson.
- Build PC, laptop, Surface Pro using UEFI boot (Windows 10, Office 2016)
- User profiles – find out from a user or from logs what is required (software, drive mappings, printers, etc). Set up profile – add printers, map drives, configure MS Office Applications, IP Telephony, install and configure other applications via Software Centre or MSI
- Set up physical equipment – laptop, screens, PC, tablet (Surface Pro) with docking station, extra monitors. Configure monitors and screen resolution as required for different setups
- Resolution of hardware issues – eg sound, monitors
- Testing as required – eg docking stations, screen resolution
- Liaison with a variety of staff to resolve issues, set up equipment etc
Learning & observation:
- Day to day observation of ServiceDesk – logging calls, communicating with customers, problem-solving, remote access, observing the variety of incoming calls (incidents, requests, audits, maintaining accurate information, publishing useful articles, accessing knowledge-base)
- Introduction to the basic principles of ITIL and Service Desk best practice
- Exposure to some of the cultural aspects of ServiceDesk work (eg communication, punctuality, accuracy, finding information quickly)
Long Life Assistant (Part-time) Apr 2016 – June 2017
Countdown Trafalgar Park, Nelson.
- Assisting in the preparation and production of products to company specified guidelines and time frames
- Filling and maintaining the presentation of stock
- Ensuring customers are served in a friendly and efficient manner
- Working cooperatively in a team environment
- Abiding by company policies and procedures in relation to Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) and Food Safety to ensure a safe working environment for customers, staff and contractors
Volunteer Information Technology Assistant (Voluntary Job) Sep 2016 – Dec 2016
Nelson Tasman Hospice, New Zealand
- Upload and categories file in the server
- Computer/ database administration and possibly some data entry
- Assistance with managing a database, reporting systems, and analysis.
- Word processing and /or Desktop publishing
L1 Computer Support Technician Jan 2014 – Aug 2015
Urgent Printer, Kolkata, India
- Diagnose PC errors and provide technical support.
- Troubleshoot software, hardware, and network issues.
- Train end-users how to set up and use new technologies.
- Backup and restore an organization’s data files and folders.
- Install, configure and upgrade PC software and operating systems.
- Clean and repair computer hardware, such as keyboards and printers.
- Remote IT help desk specialists provide technical support over the telephone or the internet.
- Remote help desk technicians may use specialized help desk support software to take remote access.